Skip to main content

where did July go?

Wow its already August, where did July go? What a busy month with lots of good things, sunshine, gardening, crochet and knitting. I have managed to do a little gardening and I have 5 courgette plants bursting with new flowers and fruits with two green courgettes ready to pick tonight when I get home. I have to remember to pick them otherwise a marrow will be in its place tomorrow! Some cues are coming along nicely, with the amount of water I'm giving them the rest of the summer I won't have to buy from the supermarket (I have ten plants I think!) Ok maybe too many but as I'd killed off most of my veggies before I'd even planted them I was kind of lost for variety and ended up with just cues and courgettes! I have time to sow some dwarf beans (again) so I plan to do that one evening this week, directly sowing I think to save time and I need to buy a cloche to keep the dog off them. Oh and the rhubarb plant is pumping out again, so more jam or maybe a nice pudding this week with fresh cream or creme fraiche.

summer squash (round)

home grown calendula



cues

my garden where I sit to crochet
project holiday blanket


This weekend was really busy, well Saturday was anyway. There I was attending my neighbours salon opening in the sunshine, glass of proscetto in one hand answering the phone to my frantic mum in the other who'd called the paramedics out. I can just picture her now, red faced and pacing the house looking at her watch. And off I drove to Margate (again) with hubby as co-driver! After only being discharged on Wednesday it was some what of a shock to me and my siblings who all managed to get there despite all being in three different places dotted around Kent.

the fields surrounding my house


Funny how things happen isnt it? You don't visit a place for years then all of a sudden you are catapulted back there for 4 days! Not in my overall plans to spend Saturday nights date night with my hubby in A&E for over 7 hours but my nephews, Joshua and Jakob kept me busy. In the restaurant we downloaded the Pokemon Go app (yes I know I said I wouldn't join the Pokemon team!) and off we went in search of Pokemon in the hospital grounds. It certainly took my mind off the worries of monitors, drips and morphine! He's on the mend now and should be allowed home on Tuesday this week. Big lesson eat little and often, that's all I need to say on this subject (for now) I've seen my fair share of hospitals over the past few years and they are not a place for the healthy.

So lots of colorful projects still in progress to take my mind off hospital visits. I lost momentum and my mojo briefly but now back on track. Plan A : finish granny shrug, granny square blanket border and holiday blanket border BEFORE starting any news projects. Well that's the plan, lets see if I can stick to it! I hope you are enjoying some summer shineshine, the outdoors and of course crochet or knitting projects. Don't forget you can follow my progress daily over on Instagram

project granny shrug

project granny square blanket in duck egg










Comments

mamasmercantile said…
Oh my goodness, hope all is well now, a trip to A & E doesn't sound good. Lots of lovely projects on the go and some great produce.

Popular posts from this blog

Denim Daisy Granny Square construction

And here it is all finished last Friday, just in time for a heat wave! Seriously I do love this jumper and it fits so well with a white t shirt underneath, jeans and flip flops. Just waiting for the cold spell so that I can wear it out (rather than around the garden when its cooled down in the evenings!). I haven't written a pattern as such just some helpful notes from my pad. If people want to know how to construct one have added some notes below. As you know the Daisy Granny Square is the design of Sue Pinner from her book  Granny Squares published 2013. I do love Sue's book, its packed with so many projects and ideas and the photos are beautiful. The daisy granny square pattern is quite addictive and you soon have a small pile of them in no time! I have an idea to make another one for the autumn in the same Debbie Bliss Rialto DK yarn but all edged in shade 90 honey, I have enough in my stash. Construction  Notes:  You need to make 18 granny squa

cables without the cables (Birch Trees scarf)

Earlier this year I came across this lovely Birch Trees Scarf knitting pattern over at Hand Knitted Things . Its one of those patterns that you just have to try because its so pretty and very practical and looks far more intricate and complicated than the 4 row pattern suggests. I like to call it cables without the cables, such a clever pattern thank you Julia Marsh.  I'm knitting mine on vintage no. 7 needles (kindly given to me by my mother-in-law) and using Debbie Bliss Cashmerino charcoal out of my yarn stash that was meant to be for Ian's scarf! shh don't tell him! I use DB yarn all the time, picking up bargains in John Lewis and eBay but its the first time I've knitted with Cashmerino, and it isn't going to be the last. It gives you great stitch definition and the softest yarn ever, I love it. So here is my scarf in progress. It has been sitting in my car waiting to be loved again after I accidentally knitted the moss stitch border wrong. I know ho

My granny tee is finished

You might remember this post from about ten days ago, well I've now finished my 4th granny tee and I'm currently finishing off my fifth one this week that I stared last year (oops). Indigo Blue came about when I took delivery of my Scheepjes Skies mini skien box (heavy/aran) and I'm in love with this yarn! I was sitting watching a film when I had the sudden urge to crochet another Granny Tee by Sarah (aka annaboos house) The mini skeins are perfect and I ended up using two boxes plus a larger 100g skein for the sleeves and joining. It has amazing drape and the colours are a subtle shift of indigo that is going to look fabulous over a white t shirt with jeans and flip flops. Perfect partnership and so bang on trend for the tie dye look that's about for festivals for this summer.  The total cost was around GBP35 not including delivery and I think for a custom made jumper that's not a bad price. I measured it as I added rows then I added side slits to my g